Thank you for your expressed support of our Focus on the Future Scholarship Golf Tournament Fundraiser for Autism, that will benefit our scholarship fund. We are so excited and look forward to having your participation in the actual event. (Sponsors, volunteers, and Foursome leaders, please forward this info on to your team.)
Online Auction: We also wanted to announce our new partnership with AuctionFrogs. Org who will be conducting an online auction, featuring authentic sports memorabilia, gifts, and trips, that is now live at Auction Frogs, and it will remain active until May 11, 2013. Now, our friends and sponsors who can not attend the actual event can still participate. Please check often as we will be adding new items reguarly. Winning bidders will be able to identify the child they are sponsoring at check-in for credit toward their tuition.
Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors, we will be offering the following attractions:
- Mulligans for use in tournament Play. Mulligans may be purchased online, immediately, at the discounted rate of 3 for $20. Tournament Special . The first 75 players who purchase $20 worth of Mulligans online will receive $20 worth of gift cards from Golfsmith at registration. You may purchase mulligans for your foursome as well. Single mulligans may be purchased on the day of the event for $10 each. (There is a three mulligan per player limit). Mulligans will be required as I am estimating that it will take -56 or less to win the tournament.
- Putting Contest, starting at 8:00am, with the winner receiving a Lynx LXW Wedge ($80 value) or an equal value wedge, and a $20 worth of Gift Cards to Golfsmith.
- One of our Long Drive Holes will feature a long drive champion who, for a minimum $20 donation, will bomb 350 yard drives that teams can play from for a chance at a Hole-in-Two Prize of a Brand New 335i Convertible BMW or comparable prize (sponsored by Lone Star Charity Auctions). An Adams Driver or comparable quality driver, will be awarded to each team member of the foursome that donates the most for
- A Silent Auction, also sponsored by LoneStar Charity Auctions), featuring sought after sports memorabilia and other great gifts, will take place starting at registration and commencing until the awards ceremony at approximately 1:30pm, when the silent auction winners will be announced (silent auction winners do not have to be present to win).
- An awards ceremony will take place at approximately 2:00pm where tournament prizes (winning teams, putting contest, closest to the pin, longest drive, etc.) and door prizes will be awarded. We will continue our tradition of handing out the best trophies in the area by our sponsor, On the Cutting Edge Engravers.
- Each member of the Last Place foursome will receive a putter or driver club fitting certificate ($40 value) or equal value, from Golfsmith.
- Gift Bags Sponsored by Golfsmith, will include $10 Golfsmith Coupons and other golf items and small gift items.
We are accepting new registrations right up to Friday so please encourage all procrastinators to register at Golf4Autism.net today.
Please plan to arrive early on the day of the tournament (Registration starts at 7:30am) and be greeted by one of our volunteers and ushered to your assigned cart for club storage and then onto the registration table and our pavilion where complimentary coffee and doughnuts will be available for early birds.
DRESS CODE for this course includes no Tee shirts and no jeans, soft golf spikes only, please be here at least 8:00am and TABC prohibits the Cartage of any alcoholic beverages.
A Box lunch & beverage will provided at registration. Beverage carts will be on hand for additional on-course refreshments, as desired. Please contact me with any questions, suggestions, or concerns.
Douglas R. Batts, Tournament Director
Thanks in advance for your support!
“If children do not learn the way we teach them, we must teach them the way they learn.”